Thursday, November 1, 2012

"It's Not Easy Being Green..."

Or so sang Kermit the Frog some years ago. While he was singing about being "different", it's also true the the current environmental usage of the word, "green". Many of us claim that we are in favour of so-called "green" initiatives, and many of us do little things like using recycled paper products and the like, but especially here in the city, it's easy to feel a certain disconnect from the world of nature, and just what our Western day-to-day lives are doing to our planet.

I'm as guilty as the next guy. But, I was raised a country boy. And I feel like Mother Nature and I once knew each other pretty well. Maybe, once the weather breaks, it's time for a little 'facetime' with her, on her turf!

Meanwhile, as I sit at home in the middle of the big city, sick and feeling the dampness, I need to take a refresher course in Mother Nature's greenery. Wanna join me?
















Somehow, just seeing those photos helped a lot! And it reminded me that I wanna keep in touch with her more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!