Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Rainbow of Life

Most of what you have seen here in my blog has been Nature-related, whether by way of my photos, or in terms of my commentary. But, as my blog header says, I am also a gay man, interested in LGBTI rights. THIS blog is a marriage of the two themes.

I use the term, "marriage", deliberately. As you may know, the topic of same-sex (or equal) marriage has been a hot one recently in the US, as the date for two LGBTI rights cases before the Supreme Court approach their hearing dates next week. I am, of course, in favour of complete equality for ALL. The same-sex marriage fight is just one of many important battles.

And it has not been only a hot topic in the US, either. Eleven countries, including Canada, currently have equal marriage. But this year, it is also before the legislatures of a record number of nations: Uruguay, New Zealand, Colombia, France, Luxembourg, and the UK currently have legislation at various states of approval, and several other nations are expected to join that list before year-end. As well, the issue is coming up, on a state by state basis, in Mexico, Brazil and the US.


Here is my photo homage to the rainbow of diversity in humanity... a rainbow of nature... with photos reflective of the colours of the Pride Flag. Enjoy... and think!

























We are all part of the the beauty and diversity of Mother Nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!